Ways to Help
Garland/Rowlett Tornado Relief
Monetary – Donations can be made in any of the following ways. Currently, we encourage monetary donations over items so the aid organizations can get what they need.
- Week of Compassion – weekofcompassion.org – This is a denominational relief organization.
- FCC Garland – make checks out to North Texas Area Disaster Relief Fund and we will get it to the right place.
- Gift Cards to Wal-Mart or Sam’s. Bring them to the church and we will pass them on.
Items – Please only donate items on the list. No clothes
at this point.
- FCC Rowlett has asked for the following items. Since travel in and out of Rowlett is still limited, we will organize taking it over. Please bring items to the church
- Large black trash bags
- Work gloves
- Hand/feet warmers
- Cases of water
- #10 cans of green beans and corn
- Weather gear (ponchos, gloves, etc.)
- Clorox wipes
- Aluminum foil (industrial size)
- Sandwich bread
- Some schools are still accepting donations though many are overwhelmed and have asked people to pause donating for now (Lakeview Centennial High School, North Garland High School, and Brandenburg Middle School).
- The Garland shelter (Gale Fields Recreation Center on 1701 Dairy Rd) is housing displaced families and is in desperate need of body wipes (no showers available), socks, fleece blankets, adult male underwear, sweatshirts (M, L, XL), and t-shirts.
- If you are interested in providing labor or being a volunteer, please register with Garland Recovers - https://garlandtx.recovers.org/ - they will help get you in the right place during the early stages.
- Operation BBQ Relief - https://operationbbqrelief.org/volunteer - OBR will be based out of First Christian Church Rowlett and will be providing meals to victims and first responders for the next week.
Please remember that disaster recovery is long-term. There will be more needs in the coming weeks and months as families try to rebuild the homes they lost.