10:00am - Worship Service
Sunday School to follow
First Christian Church Garland has resumed in-person worship service each Sunday morning at 10:00am. The service is located in the main sanctuary. For the safety of all of our members and visitors, please observe the following guidelines.
MASK REQUIRED—You are asked to wear a facemask for the protection of others. If you forget your facemask, the church will have a facemask for you to wear.· Remember to take the facemask home to dispose of it or wash/sanitize it for another use.
SOCIAL DISTANCING—Please sit at least six feet apart from each other (front, back and to the sides), unless you live in the same household.
· Please do not shake hands or give hugs.
· While exiting the church, please maintain six feet of distance between households. We know you’re eager to catch up with other members of our church family—please consider doing this outside in the fresh air.
HYMNS IN WORSHIP—Hum, but don’t sing, please! Medical science says that congregational singing is a primary method of virus transmission.
· At a safe distance, Stan and the ministers will sing. You’re encouraged to join in by humming or tapping your foot.
CHILDCARE—Childcare will be available in the nursery for ages 0 through 6. No food or drinks will be served in the nursery.
SUNDAY SCHOOL—Our combined Sunday School class will begin immediately following today’s worship.
WHERE CAN I FIND . . .
- Communion Elements - Pre-filled communion cups are in the narthex.
- Restrooms - The restrooms in the hallway towards the fellowship hall are available, as well as the handicap restroom near the nursery wing.
- Masks, hand sanitizer, facial tissues, water - These items are available in the narthex. Please do not use the water fountains.
- Trash receptacle -None will be available. Please take your things with you.
- Donuts & Coffee - Sorry, donuts and coffee will not be available.
Seasons of the Church
Several special worship services throughout the year also help this church family celebrate the cycles of the Christian year and provide opportunities to invite friends and neighbors to share in these special worship experiences.
Advent anticipates the coming of Jesus and allows us to enjoy the Christmas season with a children’s pageants, a choir cantatas and Christmas Eve candlelight services. Lent gives us time to consider seriously our own inward spiritual journey by contemplating special devotions, engaging in special Bible studies, and experiencing special worship services on Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter. Beautiful banners, designed and made by members of the congregation, decorate the sanctuary for these special seasons. Our youth groups lead worship several times a year.
Children's Worship & Nursery
First Christian Church pays attention to our children during worship. Children serve as acolytes and play a central role in our service by bringing the light of Jesus into our presence. During every Sunday service, one of the ministers invites the children to come forward for a children’s sermon. The church also provides special children bulletins to teach and entertain.
Infants and toddlers may stay in the nursery on the first floor on the North side of the sanctuary. Child care is available for children ages 4 through Kindergarten. After children’s sermon, these children may go to the nursery.
Upon entering first grade, the children remain in the worship services with their parents. Each fall, the Christian Education Ministry provides a transitional program for our first graders called “Welcome to Worship” that teaches them about our worship traditions and prepares them to participate with us in the sanctuary.